Hello! Welcome to my blog. My name is Em and I work as a cook in rural Minnesota where I live with my hubby. I hope you'll enjoy this assortment of random things I like and mini-adventures I'm living.

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Episode 30: Headlines

Today's moments as a series of newspaper headlines:

Man Accuses Server of Silverware Power-Trip
Know-it-all Takes a Momentary Managerial Coup

Server Baffles Resident by Insisting She is NOT a Highschooler (or a "kid")

Server Retreats Home to Wallow in Front of TV
And now that server is blogging briefly about the day.

Outside, it's sunny and breezy and cool.
Inside, the hubby is taking his lunch-break nap.

That guy who thinks I'm on a power trip - that's his problem.
That coworker who likes to surprise word-slap me out of nowhere - that's her problem.
That lady who thinks I'm a kid, though I'm there during the week and ALL THE TIME...that's her honest mistake. The fact that she cares so much about ages...that's her problem.

My problem up until this moment has been with setting aside all the little daily things that have gotten under my skin.
I'm done with the TV...My wonderful sister has commiserated with me via messaging...

And now...my only concern should be what to do with the rest of this spring day.



In a few minutes, I'll throw back the bedcovers. I'll be getting up. I'll be moving on...in just a minute. =)


  






No comments:

Post a Comment