Hello! Welcome to my blog. My name is Em and I work as a cook in rural Minnesota where I live with my hubby. I hope you'll enjoy this assortment of random things I like and mini-adventures I'm living.

Friday, September 9, 2016

Episode 10: TGIF

for a preface, see the home page of my work stories: Paradise (aka The Job)

The Double Shift:

thirteen hours of ache creep up from the hard floor into my legs
from the balls of my feet, through my arches
like ivy winding up my leg-trunks, round my knee caps and quads
anchoring me unwillingly to the ground

shuffling home on the stumps that once were my feet
sunlight winking through the archway of trees over our street
a pumpkin smiles at me from the front step

and next
my feet return, each with a separate pulse
and I'm jello,
taking on the shape of the couch,
de-coagulating, oozing into the cracks

only retaking human form to raise a toast

Happy Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment