Hello! Welcome to my blog. My name is Em and I work as a cook in rural Minnesota where I live with my hubby. I hope you'll enjoy this assortment of random things I like and mini-adventures I'm living.

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Episode 14: The Numbers

for a preface, see the home page of my work stories: Paradise (aka The Job)

How do we measure a day?
Here's how I measured a 13+ hour day this week:

8 quarts liquid egg
56 sausage patties
36 pounds of roasted chicken, half white, half dark
2 gallon tub of mashed potatoes
1 gallon gravy
12 pounds steamed vegetables
68 servings mixed fruit
80 pieces white frosted cake
1.5 gallons cinnamon ice cream

60 beef sandwiches
(3 with no cheese, 6 with ground meat, 1 with ground meat AND no cheese)

5 pounds of lettuce
2 quarts of diced tomato
2 bags of green beans for everyone that can't chew lettuce
70 slices of raspberry gelatin dream cake

68 residents eating breakfast, lunch, snack, and supper

2 tired legs
1 woman, grateful to be done for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment