Hello! Welcome to my blog. My name is Em and I work as a cook in rural Minnesota where I live with my hubby. I hope you'll enjoy this assortment of random things I like and mini-adventures I'm living.

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Episode 17: The Dragon Smiles

People are people, no matter their age. Some will be kind, curious, rude, condescending, bitter, or funny, and so on. I’m an “old people chef,” and this is my journal.
--

We ran out of water goblets for noon dining set-up again today, so I ventured over to Special Cares (aka The Dragon's Lair) to see about borrowing a few from them.

Dragon Lady was there, strangely calm. She greeted me by name, so I greeted her by name. I thought I'd better mention why I was there, so I explained and then braced for impact.

Instead of a roar and a pounce, she merely told me that I could certainly take several goblets, since they don't need that many in their community anyway. "In other words, help yourself," she concluded. And then she smiled. The smile was not followed with a mocking laugh or a derisive comment. A smile. On the corners of the mouth of the dragon.

Wonders never cease.





No comments:

Post a Comment