Hello! Welcome to my blog. My name is Em and I work as a cook in rural Minnesota where I live with my hubby. I hope you'll enjoy this assortment of random things I like and mini-adventures I'm living.

Saturday, January 14, 2017

Missing Summer

Although I grew up in this state and though I find beauty and challenge in the snow and subzero winter weather, come January I am ready to skip to spring and summer. I long for mid to late April, after the blizzards are mostly behind us and the longer days mean snowmelt and warmer, sunnier weather. So I'm looking back on summer garden pictures and pining for those days...
 
 
black dirt and sprouting plants
 
 
 

rampant cucumber vines
 

smiling marigolds
 
 
 

 

soft and fuzzy mullein leaves
 
 
 

peppermint and lemon balm
 
 

hops climbing our arbor
 
 
 
 
 
 

sun through the trees



Man, am I missing green.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment