Hello! Welcome to my blog. My name is Em and I work as a cook in rural Minnesota where I live with my hubby. I hope you'll enjoy this assortment of random things I like and mini-adventures I'm living.

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Snow Day

The plows have been moving snow all morning, since at least 4 a.m. The streets are clear for now, but light flurries keep drifting down and disappearing into the soft white roads and driveways and lawns. The pine trees by our house are dusted with snow and hanging heavy from it. What better way to spend the morning than sipping a cup of coffee by the window, wearing cozy slippers, and watching the snow and the cold on the other side of the glass.

We had snowfall and 40 mph winds yesterday. Visibility was awful. Schools were canceled. The evening cook called in to swap shifts with me, since she couldn't even see the end of her driveway. So today I am free, unexpectedly. And snow is to thank. I think for the first time in my adult life, I actually have a Snow Day. Now if only I had a toboggan...

=)

No comments:

Post a Comment